Saturday 16 October 2010

Hello and welcome!

So, welcome to my very first blog!  I've finally dragged myself into the 21st century and thought I would have a go at recording my jewellery-making exploits.

 
I've been making jewellery for about a year and a half now.  I started off the beads and semi-precious stones, dabbled in chainmaillie, then moved on to working with Precious Metal Clay (PMC).

 
At the moment my jewellery-making is a wonderful hobby but ultimately I'd love to sell my pieces (not just to friends and family!)  The thought of people liking my designs enough to buy them and wear them makes me smile!!

 
However, I'm still learning. One of my favourite recent pieces combines both semi-precious stones and PMC.  This necklace teams amethyst, quartz, freshwater pearls, abalone shell and Swarovski crystals with a fine silver toggle clasp made from PMC. The toggle is designed to be worn at the front as a feature.






I'd love to hear what you think of it. Do you like it?  If so, why? What would you have done differently?  And please, feel free to follow me!


Fi x

No comments:

Post a Comment