Monday 25 October 2010

School days!

Hi again,

More from my jewellery making class today.  We're only a couple of weeks in so our lecturer doesn't feel brave enough to let us loose on silver yet...we're working with copper and brass.  Sensible man, we're fairly going through the metal and some of the results aren't exactly perfect! He's saving us quite a bit of cash by not letting us make costly mistakes.

So, week two we had a go with the rolling mill and tried our hand at piercing!  Fun, fun, fun!

First up is a hand pierced disc textured by hammer:


Next is a flower textured with lace through the rolling mill:


A different kind of flower textured with emery paper through the rolling mill:


Finally, a (slightly wonky!) star, positive and negative images:

My attempts aren't perfect but I think they're a fair start.

What say you?? Am I doing OK or should I put down the piercing saw and step away from the workbench?!

Fi x

No comments:

Post a Comment